At the Piatchek Law Firm, our attorneys understand that accidents like slips, trips, and falls can cause serious injuries. These types of accidents are very common and can occur almost anywhere. Property owners, including business owners and operators, should always keep walkways and common areas reasonably safe for others to walk and move. There are many reasons why this sometimes does not occur, and our attorneys have seen slip and fall injuries happen in many different types of places, including the following:
- Stadiums and Arenas
- Parking Lots
- Parks and Playgrounds
- Retirement Homes and Assisted Living Communities
- Workplaces and Job Sites
Have you been injured in a slip, trip, or fall due to wet, snowy, slick, or icy conditions or due to the negligence of others?
Often, the injuries sustained at the above locations are caused by certain dangerous conditions that exist there. Sometimes these conditions are caused by the negligence of another person, either in that they caused the condition or they knew of the condition and failed to remedy it. These sorts of conditions include the following:
- Wet or Slippery Floors (failure to place adequate warning at a slick or wet spot)
- Cluttered Floors (failure to keep floors and walkways clean and clutter free, leaving items out to be tripped over)
- Icy Sidewalks, Walkways, or Driveways (failure to shovel, sweep, or salt slick, icy, or snowy areas)
- Damaged Floors (failure to fix damaged floors or provide proper warning of a dangerous condition)
- Damaged or Slippery Stairs (failure to fix damaged floors or provide proper warning of a dangerous condition)
- Inadequate Lighting (failure to provide proper lighting to see dangerous conditions that could exist in walkways or corridors)
- Damaged or Cracked Sidewalks (failure to maintain or fix damaged sidewalks or provide proper warning)
- Potholes (failure to fix damaged parking lots or sidewalks or to provide warning of holes in fields or yards)
- Ditches (failure to provide proper warning of dangerous conditions created in or around a ditch)
- Trenches (failure to provide proper warning of dangerous conditions created by or around a trench)
- Muddy Conditions (failure to clean up slippery or muddy conditions or provide proper warning of such conditions)
- Low Visibility (failure to provide proper lighting, warning, or visibility regarding a dangerous condition)
In cases of negligence, we believe in holding people accountable for the dangers their premises present. An experienced personal injury attorney from the Piatchek Law Firm can help you get the compensation you deserve, while treating you with compassionate counsel and understanding customer service.
Types of Injuries Sustained in a Slip and Fall Accident
A wide array of injuries can occur from slip, trip, and fall accidents, such as the following:
- Head Injury
- Neck Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Leg or Knee Injury
- Broken Hip
- Broken Pelvis
- Broken Arm, Leg, or Wrist
- Torn Tendons or Ligaments
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Slip and Fall Accident
- Don’t make detailed statements about fault.
- Record the names of property owners and managers.
- Take the names and contact information of any witnesses present.
- Take photographs of the scene and any injuries as soon as possible.
- Save your shoes and clothing worn at the time of the accident.
- Do not give recorded statements to insurance adjusters.
- See a doctor as soon as possible.
- Contact an attorney immediately.
For answers to your questions about slip and fall accidents or other personal injury cases, call us at 417-882-5858 or contact us online to set up an appointment. We offer free initial consultations for most cases, and we may be available for evening and weekend appointments. We can also arrange a home visit if you are unable to travel to our offices.