Business Attorney in Springfield, MO
At the Piatchek Law Firm, our attorneys handle a wide range of concerns in the realm of business law. To comply with all the legal requirements in place regarding establishing and maintaining a business in Missouri, you need an experienced business attorney by your side. Whether you’re just starting a company or you’re a seasoned business owner, you will eventually need a business attorney to turn to when you have legal questions. Our business lawyers can help with matters like starting a new business, preparing and reviewing contracts, conducting business transactions, employment issues, business licenses, and even litigation.
Our firm assists new and existing businesses throughout the state of Missouri. We work closely with our business clients, providing advice in a variety of matters, including the following:
- Starting a Business
- Selecting Which Type of Business Entity to Use
- Formation of a Missouri Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Formation of a Missouri Corporation
- Reviewing / Creating Business Contracts
- Business Transactions, such as Buying or Selling a Business
- Estate Planning for Business Owners
- Business Succession Planning
- Creating a Non-Profit Corporations
- Business Litigation
Business Formation in Missouri
When you hire us to help you set up a business, we will start by learning as much as we can about you, your business objectives, and your personal goals. Then, we will help you understand the differences between the various business entities available in Missouri, such as sole proprietorship, partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), and corporations (including professional corporations, close corporations, subchapter S corporations, and non-profit corporations).
You will need to carefully choose the business entity that best meets your long-term goals. We will address the potential legal consequences of choosing various options, and we can work closely with your CPA, who can provide tax advice regarding your options. In addition, we will help you fully understand the pros and cons of each business entity, including asset protection implications, management requirements, and administration costs.
Once we have determined the best business form to meet your objectives, we will prepare and file all the documents necessary to establish your company in compliance with Missouri business laws. These may include the following:
- Articles of incorporation
- Corporate resolutions
- Articles of Organization for a Missouri LLC
- LLC Operating Agreement
- LLC Member Control Agreement
- Buy-sell agreement
- Partnership agreement
- Tax registration
- EIN or TAX ID number registration
Other Business Law Services
We offer a broad range of additional services to business clients, including the following:
- Creating and Reviewing Contracts: We negotiate, review, and draft most types of commercial agreements, including employment contracts.
- Estate Planning for Business Owners: As a part of our comprehensive Estate Planning Practice, we can help with business succession planning for business owners.
- Counseling When Buying or Selling a Business: We can help you identify the most advantageous way to structure the sale or purchase of a business and prepare all documents required to finalize a business transfer.
- Assistance When Dissolving a Business: We can prepare and file all documents necessary to dissolve a business under Missouri law.
- Commercial Leasing Advice: We represent landlords and tenants in commercial lease negotiations.
For strong, knowledgeable, and professional legal representation for your business, contact the Piatchek Law Firm to arrange a confidential consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request, and we can arrange a home or business visit if you are unable to travel to our offices. We assist business clients throughout the entire state of Missouri, including Springfield, Branson, Ozark, Nixa, Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbia, and Jefferson City, as well as business clients outside of the state of Missouri who have business interests in Missouri.